What are sealants?
- Sealants are white filling material
- They are placed on the deep grooves of the teeth in the back.
- No drilling needed
- No shots needed
What do they do?
- Reduce risk of cavities
- Prevent accumulation of plaque and sugary snacks from settling in the deep grooves of teeth
- Simplify brushing
When should I get a sealant?
- At every appointment, we will evaluate and discuss if sealants could benefit your child.
- Baby teeth can receive a sealant if the patient is cooperative and at high risk for cavities.
- Once a new adult tooth erupts it is very beneficial to seal the tooth to help prevent a cavity.
- At age 6, the first permanent molar erupts and is very vulnerable to decay.