I have a newborn, when should I go to the dentist?
- Perhaps today! Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about your newborn!
- Some newborns have tongue ties that lead to difficulty breast feeding. We can evaluate and treat these in our office.
- If you see something that concerns you in your little one’s mouth.
- Usually around their 6 month birthday a new tooth will pop out! This is an exciting time, but also confusing as kids do not come with instruction manuals. Luckily we are here to help with their teeth as they grow!
- Sometimes it takes longer for a tooth to erupt, we can evaluate to make sure everything is developing properly.
During an exam, we will share lots of valuable information on how to take care of your baby’s teeth. We will discuss if cavities are present and identify any areas of concern. Nutrition advice and care instructions will also be given. For a baby exam, the doctor will gently examine inside your baby’s mouth, clean the teeth that are present, and apply a fluoride varnish. Generally, no x-rays are needed for this exam.
- Starting your baby with regular checkups at a young age will establish a lifetime of good oral health!
- We can develop a fun, trusting environment for your child to prevent dental phobias.
- Parents are an integral part of this visit and we look forward to helping you. Please let us know if you have any questions.